Location: Salem, Oregon, USA
Manages and directs all operational activities to include planning, budgeting, forecasting, capital request, cost control, protection and safekeeping of all physical and human resource assets. Responsible for the administrative activities in order to maximize sugarbeet seed yield and trait purity at West Coast Beet Seed Company while optimizing sugar beet seed production cost efficiency, warehousing, cost control, and company personnel, development. Implements Board established policies and specific plans to multiply the quantity of genetically pure varieties from stock seed supplied by the company’s owners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides recommendations to the Board for changes in policy or operations of the company and assists in executing legal obligations.
- Facilitates the Board’s annual insurance review and attends all Board meetings, assisting in scheduling, arranging, developing the Board meeting agenda, and distributing meeting notices. Coordinates with the Board President to conduct meetings.
- Reports status of WCBSC’s annual operating/business plan.
- Provides regular reports of industry conditions and trends as appropriate.
- Serves in the capacity of Secretary of the Corporation.
- Responsible for storage rotation, shipment and inventories so quality products are delivered minimizing waste, spoilage, and dissatisfaction.
- Oversees development of the “confidential by member” crop statement and seed inventory.
- Prepares annual capital and operating budgets for Board approval. Executes budget plans, controls, performance standards and objectives for WCBSC.
- Owns and monitors WCBSC’s safety program.
- Shares trustee duties of the retirement savings plan.
- Ensure trait purity of current and future Genetically Engineered (GE) events, analyzing their potential impact on the operation.
- Develop and ensure compliance of Genetically Engineered (GE) protocols and maintain proper records.
- Manages field placement to ensure the highest possible genetic purity for all varieties and Member Companies.
- Supervises staff and is responsible for staffing requirements, recruitment, selection, professional development, performance management, coaching, mentoring and execution of all seed production activities.
- Establishes priorities, develops strategies, and allocates resources, both human and financial.
- Represents WCBSC in the community, trade associations, and industry.
- Supports the position of the company in relevant regulatory and legislative activities of local, state, and federal governments.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with other companies, seed growers and agribusiness entities to the extent possible and mutually beneficial.
- Assures that operations are conducted within the laws established by state and federal agencies.
- Establishes controls and standards of performance that will measure the progress made in achieving company objectives and plans of the company.
- Maintains facilities in good working condition and appearance and makes recommendations for expansion or contractions of facilities, equipment, and personnel accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board.
- 7-10 years of management experience with progressive responsibilities,
- college degree equivalent in Agronomy or Agriculture Management;
- a Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Must possess excellent team leadership and support skills, verbal/written communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in overseeing seed production, cleaning, and shipment operations preferred.
- General Manager must reside in trade area.
- Must be computer literate and remain abreast of technology.
- May not accept outside employment or engage in self-employment without the prior approval of the Board of Directors.
Deadline: February 9, 2020
Application: Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
More positions from: West Coast Beet Seed Company
Posted from January 9, 2020 until July 9, 2020
SeedQuest reference number: 113110