Seed Operations Administrative Assistant
Location: Salinas, California, USA
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION: Reports to the Seed Operations Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide administrative support to the Seed Operations Manager, while fulfilling receptionist duties.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Seed Operations Manager.
- Managing of the SO calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, sits in and takes minutes and organizing catering when necessary for SO.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and creates trip itineraries for SOM.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications on the SOM behalf.
- Using various software’s, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software’s to prepare reports and/or special projects for SOM.
- Creates and maintains filing systems, both electronic and physical for SOM.
- Supports with the administrative functions of the Safety Program in the Salinas facility.
- Manages safety data sheets.
- Schedules safety meetings with California Safety Training Corporation.
- Maintains sign in sheets for all safety trainings.
- Maintains safety filing system in Enza Plaza.
- Professionally fulfils receptionist duties.
- Operates phone system during business hours.
- Takes detailed messages containing the caller’s full name, company name, date and time of call, return phone number and reason for the call.
- Responsible for monitoring main entrance in the building.
- Greets visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Maintains the visitor log to ensure visitors accurately sign in and out.
- Keep the reception area tidy, common areas like the break room and conference rooms.
- Other Administrative duties.
- Provides administrative support to other departments based on approval from SOM.
- Replenishing inventory of facility supplies from various external vendors.
- Cleaning and maintenance of coffee machines throughout facility.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
Education / knowledge
- Minimum 2 years Administrative Assistant work, seed industry preferred.
- Professional, assertive and clear communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to learn new applications quickly (ABS, Enza Plaza).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Typing skills of >60 WPM
- A service-oriented team player.
- Highly dependable and detailed oriented.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Shows personal initiative, is flexible and pragmatic, and able to portray and promote a positive image of the company’s vision, mission, and values.
Competencies relevant to the position (level 1)
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Results-orientation and quality
- Stress resistance
- Performs tasks independently, under the responsibility of the Seed Operation Manager.
- Work is performed in receptionist area, with frequent traffic and constant use of a computer.
- The work may involve physical stress when packages must be lifted, ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Please click here to learn more and to apply online.
More positions from: Enza Zaden North America, Inc.
Posted from October 8, 2020 until April 8, 2021
SeedQuest reference number: 121676