Location: Woodland, California, USA
Reference Code: 256544
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Breeder - Watermelon, are to:
- Manage a breeding pipeline from population creation through late stage precommercial phases to evaluate and advance the highest performing germplasm aligned with commercial product concepts for diverse global markets;
- Drive development and implementation of new breeding and phenotyping strategies, technologies, advancement and deployment strategies, operational processes, and digital capabilities;
- Integrate data science throughout the breeding process to enable a cognitive decision-making workflow and drive automation of downstream operations;
- Collaborate and align product development strategy with Product Management, Market Development, and Sales Organization in the area;
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with enabling teams to deliver a robust pipeline and ensure meaningful knowledge transfer during pipeline hand-offs;
- Develop people by working closely with research station management to fully participate in staff development;
- Act as leader and mentor to Discovery Breeding, Plant Pathology, and Cell Biology projects and teams;
- Act a focal point for Watermelon vis a vis to supporting functions such as Product Supply, Seed Production, Precision Genomics (molecular labs), Regulatory and IP;
- Participate in cross functional crop teams (Product Development, Market Development, Sales).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master’s degree with at least eight years of relevant experience or Ph.D. with at least four years of relevant experience;
- Strong background in plant breeding, quantitative genetics, experimental design, statistical analysis or data science;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and leading and influencing activities of cross-functional teams to achieve common goals;
- Ability to lead and influence key stakeholders through challenges and opportunities;
- Facilitate solutions;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously;
- Familiarity with data science and computer programming and a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis with large datasets.
- Experience in Agricultural Science, Genetics, Crop Science, or Product Management;
- Experience with automated phenotyping/remote sensing and the interpretation of imaging data.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now.
Link to apply: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=256544&company=C0003153479P
Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
More positions from: Bayer CropScience AG
Posted from September 14, 2020 until March 14, 2021
SeedQuest reference number: 121000