Global HRBP - Production & Supply Seeds
Location: Slater, Iowa, USA
Who You Are:
Determine and guide the people strategy and its execution that will realize the Syngenta Global Production & Supply strategy.
Member of - Global Seeds Production & Supply Leadership Team, NA Seeds Production Operations Leadership Team, Seeds HRBP team.
Plays a significant role as an HR leader, acting as role model and ambassador for HR within the business, drive people agenda and agile HR solutions for the company.
- Geographic Scope: Global (100+ locations across NA, LATAM, EAME, APAC and China)This role will provide HR leadership to the Global P&S Organization, including three major client groups to include; North America Production & Supply, Global Parent Seed & Line Maintenance, and Global Production Research, Logistics, Planning & Quality. Organization is across five regions (EAME, APAC, NA, LATAM and China), supporting a global client base of ~3,200 employees.
- Complexity: High - influencing stakeholders at Global P&S Leadership Team (PSLT) and NA Seed Operations Leadership Team level; high level and intensity of change; business transformation, diverse cultural and legislative environment. Managing execution of people strategy across five regions EAME, APAC, NA, LATAM and China, and two businesses functions of row crops and vegetables.
What You Will Do:
Strategic partner and coach to Global Production & Supply Leadership Team (PSLT) on all people and organization aspects, member of Global PS LT, guiding and implementing People strategy through the following activities:
- Business Performance
- Contribute to finalize and implement the strategic people agenda for the client groups embedded in the context of the Seeds Production & Supply orgnanization using broad knowledge of the business, leadership and culture. Understands the business and environment that the Seeds Production & Supply organization is facing. Provides support to leadership teams to develop and deliver the respective people and leadership agendas that will ensure effective profitable growth and employee engagement.
- Design Operating model and build organizational effectiveness – lead design and implementation of the operating model including alignment of org structures, processes, decision rights and culture so that organization is best fit to deliver ambitious business strategy, decisions are made closest to the customer with clear P&L and product accountabilities
- Leads the relevant HR work streams for planning and delivery of key projects to achieve defined objectives by ensuring delivery on time, at high quality, within the parameters of the budget and by meeting business needs.
- Embed robust people management disciplines including talent management, people development at a global level within the function, and supporting a Seeds wide view of talent and movement of individuals across the organization
- Coach and challenge leaders to develop individual leadership and organizational capability and resources required to enable delivery of their business strategy
- Leadership Development – guide leadership programs design and development for Production & Supply employees based on business needs and culture requirements
- Capability building – identify business critical capabilities and develop strategies on acquiring and building them internally
- Succession planning and pipeline building – together with POD build strong actionable succession plans for critical leadership and technical positions with diverse talent pipeline. Continuously and proactively evolve understanding of internal and external talent pipeline for critical capabilities, developing relationships and network in the industry.
- Engagement – create environment and conditions for strong sustainable engagement of all employees by building on Syngenta Backbone, values and leadership commitments. Build confident, open to change, proud and motivated Vegetables seeds community that knows how to deliver and excel
- D&I – drive for increased diversity in gender, generations, cultures and experiences by creating stronger inclusive culture, visible senior leader engagement and tackling unconscious bias
- Change – act as vocal and present change champion for large transformations and key change projects. Build individual and organizational change capability in Production & Supply organization
- HR People and Capability development
- Roll out of HR functional initiatives and change programs – support HR functional initiatives, act as a sponsor and advocate of functional changes, capability, policy and process evolution
- Contribute to a global network of HR BPs working in the relevant business/function in order to share plans, steer delivery of HR projects and Functional agendas and deliver a coherent and aligned HR support
- Work closely and creatively with the CoEs to design, develop and implement HR projects and programs to deliver the business/function strategy, as well as supporting the CoEs in design of practical and business relevant HR processes
- In collaboration with regional/local HR, ensure delivery of operational support to senior leaders as appropriate (e.g. senior internal and external recruitment, senior internal moves, performance management challenges, providing advice on leading and supporting their direct reports etc.)
- Broad HR experience (10+ years)
- Ability to translate business strategy into HR and People initiatives
- Track record of successful coaching and supporting business leaders to help them achieve strategic objectives, and driving change
- Excellent project management skills together with collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong business understanding, cross functional, mind set
- Strong communication skills and learning agility
- Ability to lead and work effectively across disciplines within a matrix environment spread across geographies and cultures
- Strategy - thinks and plans rigorously and strategically to ensure that the organization will thrive in the near and long-term
- Change leadership - ability to lead large transformations through project management, collaboration, engagement, influencing and communication, build organizational change resilience
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Who We Are:
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company dedicated to feeding the world and improving global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. We have 28,000 people in over 90 countries working to transform how crops are grown.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
More positions from: Syngenta Seeds Inc. (USA)
Posted from March 23, 2020 until September 21, 2020
SeedQuest reference number: 115150