Home Farm Grower
Location: Woodland, California, USA
About Lark Seeds International
Lark Seeds International has been actively involved in the seed industry since 1997 working with its customers to provide the best solutions to its existing and future seed needs. Lark Seeds International specializes in breeding, marketing and distributing a great variety of premium vegetable seeds. Our network of breeding facilities and trial stations span across the United States, Europe, Middle East, North Africa and South America where research and final evaluations of our products are conducted. Our product line offers a wide variety of premium vegetable seeds that deliver a higher yield of excellent fruit quality with multi-disease resistance/tolerances. Lark Seeds International is dedicated to cutting edge research and development of premium hybrids. Home Farm Grower Full Time, exempt salaried position. The Grower will be responsible for providing support to the Home Farm Manager in all aspects of home farm operations to support multiple breeding programs.
- Support of all greenhouse and open field farming operations at the home farm.
- Scouting of fields and greenhouses for insect, disease and fertility issues.
- Assist in developing comprehensive, site wide IPM, fertility and irrigation programs.
- Assist in forecasting weekly labor needs and lead seasonal and temporary workers.
- Oversee and support the routine repair and maintenance of farm and greenhouse equipment and fertigation systems.
- Oversee irrigation. • Application of pesticides and fertilizers as needed.
- Assist in oversight of field and greenhouse planting.
- Assist in development of station planting plans and rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years of experience working in agriculture desired.
- High degree of organization and willingness to work within all aspects of home farm operations
- Experience working with vegetables desired
- Experience working on a research station desired
- QAL/QAC desired
- Operation and maintenance of farm tractors and implements, irrigation systems, fertilizer injection systems, sprayers and other farm equipment necessary.
- Knowledge of and experience working with greenhouse systems desired.
- Knowledge of and experience growing vegetables for seed in California highly desired.
- Working knowledge of common vegetable pests and diseases as well as the pesticides and/or other control measures used to manage them desired.
- Ability to safely apply pesticides required and must at a minimum have a pesticide applicators certificate or have the ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Should have strong experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and feel comfortable working within other software programs
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of Spanish preferred
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact with and lead a diverse workforce.
Application - Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
“Lark Seeds is an equal opportunity employer"
More positions from: Lark Seeds International
Posted from January 13, 2020 until July 13, 2020
SeedQuest reference number: 113165